Please sign in to post.

Rome Airport (FCO)

Flying in and out of Rome next month and tickets indicate terminal 5. But several sites related to the airport suggest one is either bussed to or from terminal 3. Has anyone had any recent experience going into Rome from Atlanta or from Rome to Atlanta ? Thanks TC

Posted by
6898 posts

U.S. airlines departing for the U.S. from FCO generally depart from Terminal 5. However, you could be departing on Delta's partner Alitalia from Terminal 3. The Leonardo Express comes into Terminal 3. There is bus service between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5 but reportedly its not really set up well for luggage. But it apparently will get you there. We haven' used this bus so we're not sure. A taxi from Rome or a shuttle from nearby Fiumicino will most likely take you directly to Terminal 5.

Posted by
2207 posts

If you're flying direct from FCO to ATL, you will be departing from T5. You might read this article, Terminal 5 at FCO for maps, pictures, and more info.

Posted by
4870 posts

Thanks to all who replied on the board and privately. Good advice is great to have. Thanks again. TC

Posted by
9 posts

Just got back to DC from Italy. Terminals 1-3 are in the main building. Train takes you directly to main terminal. Then you are bussed to Terminal 5 where you check bags. In our case, we were then bussed to a satellite Terminal (no idea what this was called). It was a giant diamond with a few expensive stores (Prada, Fendi, etc) and 2 food court choices. Food was disgusting and expensive. There were also 2 or 3 'shops' with limited souvenir items.

Posted by
4407 posts

Once again, Ron - I. Love. You. **oh, uhhh, say 'hi' to your wife ;-) Thanks, TC, for the question; this is one more thing I can have figured out long before my departure date!