Please sign in to post.

LUCCA iTALY

ACCOMODATION IN LUCCA ITALY OCTOBER2- 9

Posted by
10229 posts

We stayed at the Rex Hotel, next to the train station and just outside the walls. It was an easy walk into the old town. The Rex has free bikes available for their guests to use.

Posted by
3313 posts

The Hotel Melecchi is also just outside the walls with large, airy rooms. It's family-run and Giovanni, the son, speaks English.

Posted by
13 posts

I can second a vote for Hotel Melecchi. Clean, comfortable and family run with the son being very helpful. We had a rental car so it was a good place to park the car for the two days we explored Lucca and Pisa. Also we found the price to be one of the more reasonable room prices we paid in Italy.

Posted by
1446 posts

Another vote for Hotel Melecchi, especially if you'll have a rental car. It's a basic hotel but very clean & the owners couldn't have been nicer! The main draw for us was the fact that we had a rental car & needed parking.

Posted by
32801 posts

Was that a question? It looked more like a statement (shouting) to me.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks you for your input. can you remember about how many Euros or dollors. i WILL NOT HOLD YOU TO THE EXACT ANMOUNT THANKS AGAIN MARY

Posted by
3313 posts

Mary - typing in all caps is considered shouting on websites. The Hotel Melecchi runs under 100 Euro - In that range. They don't have a website that I've found but you might poke around Tripadvisor and the Lucca tourism office for rates and contact info.

Posted by
396 posts

Ostello San Frediano is a hostel there (former convent). You can get double rooms with baths at a reasonable rate<100E per night. Or you can get dorms rooms with shared baths for even less. It is at via della Cavallerizza 12. I believe it is inside the walls, just barely.

Posted by
1446 posts

I just checked on what we paid for Hotel Melechi & it was 72 euros in Sept '09.