Please sign in to post.

Places to stay in Cinque Terre

Hi and help! I have been looking and looking for a place to stay anywhere in one of the 5 cities for 3 girls under $50 and i can't find anything!!!! I have contacted tons of places and nothing is working out, mainly do to no availability... any recommendations for june 3 to 5th?

Posted by
11346 posts

Under $50 per night is not a realistic expectation, IMHO. Starting point in the CT is about 80 euros a night. Maybe in La Spezia or Levanto? Or you can take your chances getting off the train and see what enterprising locals meet the train, hoping to rent their available rooms. That's what Rick did in his youth....

Posted by
9 posts

I meant $50 per person is that made any difference

Posted by
11346 posts

Yes, $50 per person should be doable. It is just very busy there in the nice weather months and people have grabbed the rooms that are listed. Try this website http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/ which invites you to send an email for help. Click on the accommodations link and make yout request. Trip Advisor offers some hope in La Spezia, as I expected. It is only a short ride to any of the 5 towns on the local train. Good luck!

Posted by
32219 posts

Danielle, Have you checked all of the lodgings listed in the Italy Guidebook? I'm assuming from the somewhat "desperate" tone of your wording that it doesn't really matter which of the five villages you stay in? A few places you might try (if you haven't already): > This Affitacamere in Riomaggiore. They have triple rooms and hopefully they'll have a vacancy? The website doesn't seem to be working normally but the E-mail link at the bottom is working. There is a way to "sort of" get around the website problems, which I can describe if you're interested. They don't provide breakfast, but it's easy to get breakfast at other locations. > The Hostel in Manarola (you could perhaps rent a quad room for the three of you. Note that they have a strict lockout from 10:00-16:00. Good luck!