Please sign in to post.

Switzerland

We staying in Interlaken for 2 nights. Any recommendations for the 3rd night?

Posted by
1633 posts

Are you wanting to know where else to stay in the area of Interlaken or somewhere else to stay in Switzerland? In my opinion, unless there is a compelling reason to stay in Interlaken, I would not stay there. It is more touristy than I like. You could continue your journey, just outside of Interlaken, by going up into the mountains of the Bernese Oberland. I've been to Gimmelwald and Muerren. These towns offer great accommodations, hiking and breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps. If you're in the area, you don't want to miss staying in these small, quaint towns. Check out Rick Steves' Switzerland tour book for info on these towns and others in this mountain range.

Posted by
7737 posts

Posting your question in the section of the bulletin board that includes Switzerland is another option that might get you more results than posting in the Italy section. Good luck.

Posted by
32325 posts

shawna, I definitely agree with the others! It would be better to stay somewhere in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, and not in Interlaken. However, it's difficult to make a specific suggestion without knowing what you're most interested in seeing in that area??? Could you elaborate a bit on your travel plans?

Posted by
2023 posts

Agree with Denise and Jeff. Interlaken is good only for train changes and is touristy and charmless. Many years ago it was probably a nice place to stay but no more. We loved Wengen.

Posted by
7209 posts

Wengen, Mürren, Lauterbrunnen is where you want to be. Strangely tourists come here to see the Alps...which is Wengen, Mürren, Lauterbrunnen and then end up staying in Interlaken which is the gateway to these mountain villages. If you want to see the Alps in all their glory then by all means STAY in the Alps. Yes, 3 nights would make an excellent stay in the Alps.