Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes

HELP! I will be traveling to Italy in Oct. I would like to take several cooking classs in different regions-no real preference where except probably Rome or above due to time constraints. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would prefer hands-on classes in small groups.

Thanks

Posted by
2 posts

I know that Bob & Jenny's B & B in Vincenza offers cooking classes to their guests. Check out their expansive web site. Just Google Bob & Jenny's Bed and Breakfast.

Posted by
500 posts

check out tuscan-tours.com. It is a new site developed by an American woman who lives in Tuscany. We met her and her husband in September 2005, and when we went back this March, she cooked supper for us!

She has a wonderful blog called Eurobimbo's journey to enlightenment. She has several posts about her Italian friend Alessandra who has agreed to open her home for cooking classes.

I have taken two cooking classes at Il Falconiere. I suggest the pasta class, it was loads of fun.

Posted by
320 posts

Check out divina cucina (just google it on the net). It is an American woman running a cooking school in Florence. Her website and blog are fantastic!

Posted by
1455 posts

If you are heading toward Milan, there was a post here on a great cooking class in Lake Como.

Posted by
15 posts

check out the Accidental Tourist in Florence.

Posted by
6898 posts

There are a few in Florence. Divina Cucina is one as mentioned above. Accidental Tourist is another. My wife and I both took a one-day authentic Tuscan cooking class from Cristina and Gabriella at

Scuola di Arte Culinaria Cordon Bleu
Via di Mezzo, 55/r  50121 Firenze
www.cordonbleu-it.com

It was a great 6 hours in the kitchen.

Posted by
25 posts

I would highly, highly recommend a class through Umbriacooks4u (http://www.umbriacooks4u.com/). The class is located near Perugia, which was an easy drive off of the A1.

Nonie and Tati provide a well-prepared class including appetizers, primi, secondi, and a dessert featuring Umbrian cuisine. They are very conscious of providing a good value class that will fit into your travel schedule. They can also customize the class to particular foods/styles that you may want.

We had an absolutely fantastic time - highly recommended! It was by far the best meal of the trip.

Posted by
54 posts

I will be staying at a B&B in Venice in a few weeks called "Le Mansarde" and the owner offers cooking classes (she takes you shopping at the street market and then has various types of cooking classes for her guests). Sounds like a neat experience, my husband and I will be taking a class !

Posted by
3250 posts

The class in Varenna is Chef Moreno's. He teaches it in his restaurant. It's fun, hands-on and you get to eat what you prepare. He picks you up in Varenna at 10:00 a.m. and you'll return around 3:00-3:30 p.m. His website is www.ilcaminettoonline.com