Please sign in to post.

Leaning Tower of Pisa Tickets

When you go on the website to get tickets to climb to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, they ask for your passport number as a requirement to buy tickets. Is this okay? Anyone with experience with this particular website?

Posted by
811 posts

why don't you just buy ticket when you visit? the line is not that long.

Posted by
378 posts

I purchased advanced tickets and had no problem. As the previous poster said though, you could just wait until you get there. The lines were not that long (in July), and we got there early as the drive from CT was not as long as we anticipated, and we had to wait for our reserved time anyway. I think we save about 1/2 hour, as when you purchase tickets the day of, you get the next available timeslot, which when we were there was about 1 1/2 later. Of course, if you get there within a 1/2 hour of your designated time, then you've saved yourself a wait!

Posted by
59 posts

Joann,
Did you have to give your passport number? I wasn't wanting to wait until I got there because we are going on a weekend in July and going to be there later in the day. Maybe 4 or 5pm. I had heard that tickets may sell out by this time. Is this not true?