Please sign in to post.

Dolomities vs Berner Oberland

We have 5 days for hiking, and are torn between Murren area and the Dolomites. We are a little freaked out by the seemingly high cost of all the lifts around Murren. Is this a factor? And which would you recommend of the two areas?

Posted by
7209 posts

Grab a Swiss Half Fare Card fof 50% discount on all your mountain lifts, trains, boats, etc. Better yet buy a Swiss Pass and travel all over Switzerland as much as you want just hop on and hop off. Get a super discount on the high mountain lifts above Mürren and above Wengen! I wouldn't trade any place in the world for the Berner Oberland.

Posted by
408 posts

I have not been to the Dolomites yet but I have been to Murren and the Berner Oberland area and loved it! It is my favorite country and area of Europe. The hiking is great. We did buy a three day Swiss Flex pass. Remember after your first day you get 50% off every other day.It is well worth the cost.

Posted by
17245 posts

I responded on your other thread. I'll just add that after visiting both several times for hiking, I do not have a favorite. Both are wonderful. You might pick by which fits better into the rest of your trip.