Please sign in to post.

Orvieto to Civita

Can I get a bus in Orvieto to Civita for a day trip? I am staying in Orvieto 3 days. How long does it take?

Posted by
32214 posts

Gail, Yes, absolutely! As I recall, you'll be using the blue Cotral Buses. You can buy a ticket at the nearest Tabachi. It's been a while since I last took that trip, but I believe it's about an hour from Orvieto to Bagnoregio. If the validation machine doesn't work (which was the case on my last ride), I believe you can simply write the time and date on the back of your ticket. When you disembark in Bagnoregio, the small Shuttle will probably be waiting. You can buy a ticket from the driver (€1). It would be a good idea to try and determine the return times of the Shuttles (provided there are no language issues), so that you don't get stranded and have to walk back to Bagnoregio (although it's not a long wallk). When you arrive at the base of the bridge to Civita, walk across the bridge and up through the gate into town (be sure to watch for Motorcycles). You might consider having lunch at Antico Forno (I thought the food was great!). Franco (the owner) is very interesting to talk to (there will probably still be photos of Rick & Franco on the wall). There are other small restaurants as well, if you'd prefer to try those. It won't take you long to look around Civita, but it's an interesting place. Happy travels!