Please sign in to post.

Venere.com

I was wondering what is the feedbacks regarding venere.com. In our past trips, we used a travel Agent, Priceline and Hotels.com or booked the hotel ourselves. Have heared about it but have never tried it .

Posted by
1018 posts

I have used them many times and was always satisfied with their services. I particularly like the map location and client review sections. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
23282 posts

Used them a couple years ago with no problems.

Posted by
4152 posts

I've used them for rooms in Venice without a problem. I like that you must complete a stay before you can write a review. Donna

Posted by
973 posts

Big variety of accommodations, I've used them in Provence and Antibes with satisfaction. I thought it was more of a booking service than a chain.

Posted by
362 posts

Venere is a for real company and one of the things they probably don't want you to know (so people think they have more "choice") is that they are owned by the same people now who own Expedia, hotels.com, etc. so if you are comfortable with those companies you should have no problem with Venere. They do have a lot of inventory in Italy and I believe the company was started here. We have used them several times with no issue.

Posted by
1883 posts

I love Venere.com and recommend it all the time.
I've had fantastic hotels that I booked on this site. I've had to change/cancel once, and there were no issues (I was very careful to follow their restrictions for cancellation within their time frame) I've been able to find hotels convenient to train stations and in the price range I needed. Some of these hotels were 4* and I got them for great rates. I love the ease of finding the region/location within a city, the photos of the hotels and all the features. Used Venere.com in Florence, Siena, Munich, Rome...

Posted by
6898 posts

Have used Venere before with no problems. Just used them again to book a room in Barcelona. You just walk into the hotel, show them the reservation document sent to you by Venere along with your credit card and passport and that's it. You don't see or come in contact with whatever arrangement that Venere has with the hotel. The also have an 877 number in the U.S.

Posted by
77 posts

I would recommend using venere or another site to find the lowest possible rate. Then contact the hotel directly and ask for the low rate if it is not offered on their website. They should be more than willing to give you the rate since they generally have to pay a commission to the travel websites every time a room is booked through them. You may even be able to get a cheaper room.

Posted by
1127 posts

Venere is a reputable company but I bet you can get a lower rate by contacting the property direct.

Posted by
755 posts

I have used Venere without problem. I recently made plans to return to a hotel in Rome that I had previously booked through Venere, and contacted the owner directly. I was quoted a rate 5 euros less than Venere per night, but got caught up in numerous emails back and forth just getting the specifics like their cancellation policy and it was really a waste of time and not worth it to save a few euros. Will stick with Venere.

Posted by
735 posts

Thanks for all your feedbacks. I will decide on the hotels we'll be staying then look at venere. If the hotels are available on their site, I will just book through them.