Please sign in to post.

hotel reservation

Comment: Just returned from Italy,spending two weeks working/volunteering on an archaeological dig. My last three days I wanted to spend in Florence/Pisa. I had no hotel reservations, and do to high season was out of luck.My option was to leave Italy early and go to London for my connecting flight in three days (I did get a room in London).Lesson:I always found a hotel room in the past, but now I feel it's a must to have a reservation. Although I missed out on Florence,I know I'll go back, I arrived in London for the Pope's visit. You just have to keep a positive attitude.By the way, the guide book is more than just a guide book, it's a survivers guide. Keep up the good work

Posted by
23269 posts

When you said you could not get a reservation, what method were you using? Did you try the TI location service in Florence? Or are you saying you could not find a room at the price that you wanted?

Posted by
2 posts

This is my reply to Franks reply: any room any price,they were all booked. Carol

Posted by
7737 posts

That's really bizarre. I wonder if there was some sort of convention or something that booked everything up. Anyway, I never travel without lodging reservations for precisely this reason.