Please sign in to post.

Bad review for stay in Paris in the apt booked from VRBO, 58626!!

This is my very first bad review for someone, not that I have had bad experiences before when travelling. But I always just forgive, nobody is perfect. But, honesty and reliability is assumed and demanded. I am sorry if its offensive to somebody. I am writing this review with all sincerity. I hope you find it useful. - Not honest. We made booking for the apt http://www.vrbo.com/48307 on Jul 20th for Sep 9th for 5 nights and instead were booked for apt http://www.vrbo.com/58626. We never got an email saying that we were being quietly booked for 58626 while we asked to book for 48307 and the deposit we sent was for 48307. When we arrived and found that this was not the apartment we booked for, imagine the disappointment we felt and really felt like we were cheated upon. We called the owner and told him that we never booked for this apartment and he said he has done this mistake 3 times before. The owner knew he had made the mistake but never bothered to tell us in July when we made the booking. He had more than 2 months to inform us so we could look up somewhere else!! - Not reliable. The person never replied to our emails or picked our calls after the deposit was provided. Called us only when the remainder payment was to be paid. - There was a lot of noise on Rue Pascal as there is a bar and restaurant and there would be people talking, laughing uptil 2:00AM. - There was no baby crib provided as mentioned so my under 2 year old had to sleep between us on a tiny bed. None of us got sleep. We mentioned this to him on the phone and he just said the crib is there somewhere. Never found one anywhere. - This apt is very small. There was hardly any walking space. The owner put another bed in the first room which has a kitchen! Please don't book with this person (Jean Louis Thiriet) the next time you think of going to Paris. I have mentioned all the reasons above.

Posted by
29 posts

Sonia, if I were looking at booking with an apt in Paris I would want to know about this. If you haven't, I would recommend you post your review on the VRBO site, Trip Advisor and the France forums, where there are more likely persons at greater risk of booking with him.

Posted by
12172 posts

I also suggest pasting your review to VRBO and trip advisor. Many travelers rely on honest first person reviews to decide where to stay. This is very helpful information that not only helps the next traveler but sends a message to landlords that this type of behavior will affect their business.

Posted by
127 posts

Absolutely. I have posted the review on VRBO. They will be posting it in a few days after reviewing it...whatever that means. Since I could not find the VRBO listing on tripadvisor, I have sent an email to them regarding this. If there is any other place that you may want to suggest for posting the review, please let me know.