Please sign in to post.

Venice Airport Transportation

Any advice on traveling to Marco Polo airport from lodging near the Rialto bridge? We're most interested in options based on price and travel time. Thanks.

Posted by
3313 posts

Just get to Piazzale Roma and take the bus to the airport. It's easy and inexpensive.

Posted by
705 posts

Yes as Doug suggests. It's certainly the easiest way and the quickest. If time is an issue get a cab from the plaza.

Posted by
65 posts

there are several different ways to get from the airport to your hotel. If there are four or more, just get a private cab. It is a fun experience and it is the quickest. Right outside the luggage area is a counter where they write you a receipt, you walk to the dock and hand it to a taxi guy. If money is an issue, there is a bus connection to the Piazza Roma Sq., from there you get on the public boats, ACTV. Get off at the Rialto stop. Otherwise you can get on the ALILAGUNA, private boat service, the cheapest but they make alot of stops. I have taken all methods and I definately try to justify the private cab...nothing like arriving in style (and quickly). Go to the airport site www.veniceairport.it, click on the english flag and click on transports. I had tried to reserve a private cab but never got any response, after doing it a couple of times I realize it isn't necessary to reserve in advance.