Please sign in to post.

Italy in December

My family of four will be traveling to Florence, Venice and Rome for the two weeks after Christmas. What would we expect regarding what the weather would be like, what sights would be opened or closed, etc. Any thoughts or comments would be welcomed.

Posted by
204 posts

We go to Italy almost every year and only in the fall and winter. Roma is about the same temperture and humidity as Houston, Texas. See www.chron.com. Firenze (Florence) will be a lot colder, low 30s to mid-40s. Venezia (Venice)will be the coldest but it will depend on the weather over the Adriatic. Since it is so humid it will seem colder. Usually mid-20s to mid-40s depending on the weather. Everything will be open but with fewer hours and close earlier. Not much change in Roma, much more so in small towns. Christmas day AND THE DAY AFTER, are holidays so don't expect ANYTHING to be open. Check with your hotel for places to eat on those days and New Years. Many will be closed. You are welcome to write me if you want. My email is cmluther@swbell.net