Please sign in to post.

Bedbugs

Is there a website where I can ask about Bedbugs in Rome hotels?

Posted by
15122 posts

Your best bet would be to check out hotel reviews on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
23301 posts

Not sure what you are asking for. A list of hotels that have bedbugs?? or had bedbugs ?? or a discussion about bedbugs in Rome? Not sure any list would be accurate given how quickly bedbugs can invade. And, of course, hotels would try to get ride of them just as quickly.

Posted by
4152 posts

Are you staying at some bargain basement hotel? If not, you really won't have to worry about bed bugs. I doubt if, short of asking about specific hotels, you'll find any "list" of hotels that have reported this type of problem. I've never heard of anyone on this forum or the TA forum reporting them.

Donna

Posted by
121 posts

Definitly check on trip advisor. the original hotel I was booked at in London had bad reviews: a few people mentioned bed bugs and bugs in the hotel, so I promptly rebooked myself somewhere else. The other hotle I chose wasn't great, but did not have bugs of any kind. I'm sure if people found bugs it would say so on trip advisor.
good luck!

Posted by
1003 posts

I have read more and more about the rise in bedbugs in hotels. Just heard today that New York City has a HUGE problem! We have never encountered any problems with bedbugs on travels anywhere in Europe but I do think about it.

Posted by
10 posts

I got bites on the backs of my upper arms (wore short sleeves) on 2 occasions riding trains with fabric seats in Italy last month. I don't know if they were bed bugs but I'd never had bites like that before...large and itchy but weren't like mosquito or flea bites. I wouldn't just be cautious about hotels but other places, too. A search on tripadvisor might be helpful. I avoided booking a place in Venice because a customer's review on tripadvisor mentioned bedbugs.

Posted by
1170 posts

Ewwwww! Cooties! When you get to your hotel, pull up the sheets and look in the crevices of the mattress. If that is clean, you are OK. If you do find anything, immediately insist on another room. Bedbugs will also hide on the undersides of furniture and under baseboards. Keep your luggage elevated and off the floor to keep the buggers from hitching a ride home.

Posted by
2876 posts

A local Chicago station just had a segment on bedbugs. Apparently the bedbug population is exploding in hotels worldwide. One point they made was that, if you happen to encounter bedbugs when you travel, be sure the clean the heck out of your laundry and suitcases, because, like Scott says, they WILL hitch a ride with you.

Posted by
990 posts

If you are in any doubt, leave your luggage in the shower stall or bathtub. They don't live in places like that.

And yes, it isn't just a problem in cheap hotels--we ran into them two years ago at a really nice place in New York!!

Posted by
2193 posts

I agree that tripadvisor is your best bet. I’ve scratched what otherwise looked to be great lodgings off my list when bedbugs were mentioned. It doesn’t matter to me if the review was from 4 years ago…any mention of bedbugs is an instant decline. And it doesn’t matter if it’s a 1 star or 5 star lodging…bedbugs can be anywhere. Some of the best hotels in the world have had infestations. Check tripadvisor…people will most certainly mention them there.

I’m wondering if you caught the NBC Nightly News story about bedbugs a couple of days ago.

Posted by
842 posts

Tripadvisor! After we read TA, we found that one of the places that we wanted to stay at in Portugal had them, so we crossed it off our list.

Posted by
3551 posts

My frieed was bitten by BB from a 4star USA hotel. You can never be 100% safe. Never place your luggage on floor, pack your luggage with a deterrent like lavendar sachets and when you return home leave luggage in garage at least 48 hrs. You can also get hitchhicker BB from plane cargo and overhead compartments. best to be xtra safe than sorry. idea of leaving in Shower or bathtub is good also.

Posted by
15122 posts

You could always carry this stuff. It's travel on size.

Bed Bug Spray

I've never used it so I can't tell you how effective is really is.

Posted by
1 posts

You can check the Global Bed Bug Registry here: Registry.BedBugs.Net which allows bed bug report submissions for hotels around the world, including Rome. You can also search for bed bug reports for any city around the world Hope that helps, Jason

Posted by
32835 posts

Bob, or Jason, or whoever. Why did you reactivate this 2 year old dead thread? Is it your website you want us to know about? Why are you Jason in one place and Bob in another?