Please sign in to post.

50th Birthday March 2025

Hello I want to travel to Italy in March and not sure where to visit. I enjoy listening to music sipping on wine and spirits lol oh yes good food also

Posted by
14482 posts

What a wonderful way to celebrate a big one!

How many nights? Will you be solo? Have you visited Italy before?

Posted by
2684 posts

March might still be chilly so if you want to be doing your sipping and listening outside then look at the southern low-altitude locations.

Posted by
211 posts

You could make your Italian destination choice for celebrating your half-century mark based on the ease of travel from your home origination point. 2025 is a Jubilee year with projected tourist visits in major Italian cities expected to be higher, Easter is April 20 and the 20 different regions of the country all have worthwhile and attractive attributes begging for your attention. Make a plan to opt for urban or rural or some combination of both and know that Italy intensifies as you travel south. Think of nights you will stay in one place, 2 nights means you have one full day in that locale. To really enjoy particular sites / museums / locations consider small group or private tours to flesh out your understanding and appreciation -- think in terms of value for your money and time. Either purchase guide books or head to your local library and delve into Italy for the express purpose of determining what 'speaks' to you and start there. My first western Europe trip was for my 50th mumbelty-something years ago and I did the fantastic Italian trinity, Venice-Florence-Rome and loved every minute.

Posted by
3244 posts

I was in Abruzzo this past March and the weather was perfect. No rain, comfortable temperatures. As far as where to go in Italy, realize it is a big country. Try to arrange your trip so you don’t spend too much time traveling or checking into and out of hotels. One night stands are frowned upon by most posters on this site.

On this website, go to the Italy section of Our Tours and see what cities and sights the various tours visit. Also check out the Italy portion of the Explore Europe tab. Try not co cram too much into your time because Italy is a country and life-style that must be savored. It’s Italy so the food is good. Ask what the local specialties are and order them. Food is very regional and what you find in one town, you won’t find in the one next door. In 12 trips to Italy, I can remember only one meal I did not enjoy - a frozen chicken cutlet at a beachside restaurant in Sardinia.

Buon viaggio!

Posted by
2722 posts

Without knowing how much time you have, your prior experience with Italy, your other likes and dislikes, it’s hard to give advice. If I had one week, had never been, I’d spend it in Rome. With more time, the big three-Rome, Venice, Florence.