Please sign in to post.

Where Should I Go? : ]

[21/male] I'm going to have approx 15 days to spend in Europe, I'm getting a Global Euro Rail Pass, and i dont mind spending a bit extra RyanAir as well. My interests include music (electronica/house)/clubs/people/hotsprings/. Where should my travels start and how far should i expect to get during my limited time here. Thanks for any input!!!

Posted by
8700 posts

bobby,

Many of the people (including me) who post on the Helpline are a lot more advanced in years than you are.

Are you familiar with Lonely Planet? A higher percentage of posters on the LP Thorntree board are in the young adult category and more of them may share your interests. I suggest that you also post your question there in the Western Europe branch.

Since you also posted your question in the "To the North" branch, I assume that you are thinking about spending some time in the UK and/or Ireland. Try posting your question in the UK & Ireland branch on the LP Thorntree.

Just in case you don't know it, a Eurail pass is not good in the UK.

Posted by
306 posts

You might want to rethink the global pass. 15 days is not enough time to explore Europe as a whole. I wonder if you will get your money's worth out of the Global Pass.

Posted by
361 posts

bobby, On this websites home page there are travel blogs from Andy Steves and Jackie Steves. Both went to Europe as college age adults on their own (without Dad). They have lots to say about the activities and night life that might interest you and help plan your trip. Have fun planning! Sherry

Posted by
22 posts

Florence is loaded with cultural things. Don't know about the music there though. My personal favorite is Venice.

Posted by
7737 posts

Venice is basically a small town with virtually no nightlife. Consider the larger centers, including Milan, Rome and Bologna (a major university town, and you know what that means - lots of people your age.)

Do a cost breakdown of your pass versus point-to-point tickets that you can buy as needed. The tickets are usually a better deal than the pass.

Posted by
689 posts

Florence has some great street musicians late afternoons and at night. Hubby is a musician and loves to wander around and listen. It won't be what you are used to, but if you like music, you will enjoy it.