Please sign in to post.

Malpensa to Bellagio?

public transportation recommendations from Malpensa to Bellagio? Thanks/Grazie!

Posted by
32212 posts

Therese,

The method I'd use would be to take the Malpensa Shuttle (Bus) from Malpensa / MXP to Milano Centrale, train to Varenna (1 hour) and then Ferry to Bellagio (about 20 minutes from Varenna).

Happy travels!

Posted by
348 posts

After a long search I found a reasonable shuttle from Milan Linate to Lake Lugano - Taxi2airport - for you 2 to 4 persons would be 130 euro. Otherwise the cheapest way to go would be bus to train station, train station to Como or Varena, then transportation to Bellagio. Shuttle 2-3 euro train 15 neuro and transportation 2-3 euro. BUt I must say the reason I went with the shuttle is because our train started at 15 euro a month ago and now is 27 euro per person, so the cost difference wasnt that different for the convienience. 160 euro for 4 verses on the shuttle versus 130 with the train stuff

Posted by
17 posts

Ken and David -
Thanks for your replies. Will check out the public transportation options and get a bus ride, train ride, and ferry ride all in one day!
Ciao!

Posted by
11 posts

Therese,

Have not been there for a while (so the service may not be available anymore), but I think you an take a bus direct from Malpensa to the town of Como and then a Hydrofoil direct from Como to Bellagio. As I remember, the bus service was called the Malpensa Express. Better check it out with a little internet research though.

you could also have your hotel in Bellagio arrange for a private car to pick you up at Malpensa and drive you directly to Bellagio. Probably more expensive, but definitely more convenient after a long flight.

No matter what I think you will love Bellagio.