Please sign in to post.

lodging in Barcelona

We are planning a 3 night stay in Barcelona 9-02-2010...any suggestions for hotels? We travel above the hostel and budget level but not at a luxury level. Maybe somewhere around the $160-$200/night rate. En suite only, preferably with A/C.

Posted by
811 posts

This past March my husband and I stayed at the Evenia Rosselló Hotel in the Eixample neighborhood on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Barcelona. The room was nice, service was great, and we loved the location (and I just noticed it looks like their rates went up).

I recommended it a few months ago in another post (with more information), which can be found HERE.

Good luck in your planning - I'd go back to Barcelona in a heartbeat!

(PS I just noticed you posted this in the "To The Boot" section that is used exclusively for Italy, and you may get more responses if you re-post in the "To The West" section)

Posted by
536 posts

Rhonda - Let me help you Rhonda!! My suggestion would be --- http://www.royalramblashotel.com/en/home/

An excellent Hotel located perfectly on Las Ramblas - close to all the action - check out their website.
While in Barcelona be sure to walk down Las Ramblas to the old port and jump on an open air bus - A great tour , allowing you to see major sights of the city and also permitting you to get off and back on as often as you like. A super bargain!!

Have a Great trip, Greg

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks Angela....I did indeed post in the wrong category....we are going on to Venice/Veneto after Barcelona so I always think of ths vacation as our Venice Trip. I will repost in the proper category. Thank you for the recommendation too!