Just got his in my e-mail:
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy March 4, 2020
Event: The Government of Italy has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. As of 12:00 AM March 3, all passengers on U.S.-bound flights whose temperature is higher than 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit are not being permitted to board. Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairsfor additional information on these new measures. Travelers who are not permitted to board should follow the instructions of the Italian authorities.
Actions to Take:
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the disease.
• For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
• Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Italy.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the U.S.
• Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
• Review the Italian National Institute of Health’s website (available only in Italian).
• Call Italy’s 112 emergency number or 1500 if you believe you have symptoms and are currently in Italy. English speaking operators are available.