Please sign in to post.

Uffizi/Accademia Tickets

I tried to purchased tickets yesterday for the Uffizi and Accademia in October. I entered all personal information, including credit card number and received a page that included the following information:
Notifica, transazione di pagamento N.xxxxxxxxx
Si e verificato un errore nella trasmissione deil dati della transazione
La transazione non e stata effettuata

Underneath was a button labeld Prosegui, which I clicked. The following page did not contain any information.

Does anybody know if the reservation went through? I have not received any email (and I have been checking my junk folder) nor has my credit card been charged.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Posted by
2297 posts

I do a lot of stuff online. But in this case for the Uffizi/Accademia reservations I found the phone worked much better. Call them up in the morning. I found that so much easier and quicker than the online system. There are English speaking operators that can certainly sort this out for you - and make a new reservation if necessary:

011-39-055-294883

Posted by
306 posts

There should be a button to click that is labled "inviare" click on that button. The webpage highlights the cancel button which obviously you do not want to click. Try again and look for the "inviare" button it should be next to the button you clicked.

Posted by
1317 posts

My bad italian translates that message as there was an error with the transmission of the transaction, and that the transaction is not in effect. In other words, it didn't go through.

As the prior poster suggested, it's easier to call (or ask your hotel to do it for you). Italian websites are not exactly user-friendly, especially not from the U.S.

Posted by
306 posts

Here is a translation of your message.

"Notification, payment transaction no xxxxxxxxxxxx has been a error in transmission impact transaction data the transaction was not carried out"

If you have not called your credit card company to warn them that overseas charges will be showing up they will not allow them. Assuming the credit card company has not been notified, notify your credit card company and then try again. Good luck.

Posted by
267 posts

Yes, translation: "it didn't work". =-)
If you are staying in Florence, contact your hotel/bed and breakfast and ask them to make reservations for you. Tell them what day and times (give a few alternate times) you'd like to see both. They will send you a confirmation code which you will take the galleries. (arrive 20-30 minutes ahead of time) You will pay the entrance fee and a small "reservation fee" at that time. You shouldn't have to pay the hotelier anything (at least, mine didn't charge me).
The Accademia has a special line for reserved tickets that will get you in a lot faster than the huge long line that is most prominently seen. Be sure to get in the reserved ticket line!

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks everybody for all your help!

Problem solved!