Please sign in to post.

Rental Cars

Through perusing this helpline I have gotten some great tips on my inquiry on how to get to the small village of Bovino in the Province of Foggia. COnsidering the cities of Naples and Sorrento, which is from where we plan to head to Bovino, what rental car companies are in those cities that you would recommend??

Posted by
91 posts

Avis has an office across the street from the rail station in Naples. They speak English. It's also very quick and easy to get on the autostada from their location. They provide directions on exiting Naples too. happy travels.

Posted by
842 posts

Don, go to the AutoEurope.com website and check out Naples and Sorrento. AE is a consolidator /broker for all of the major rental agencys (Hertz, Avis, Europcar, etc.) Once you check out the rates, you will find that they are 20 to 40% less than the major players (even though you WILL be renting from a major player!) Again, while using their web site, note that it is cheaper if you DO NOT pick your car up at the airport, but you can take it back to an airport w/o incurring the a/p fee.

There is only two locations to rent cars in Sorrento, but you don't have the traffic problems that you have in Naples. Naples is NOT a town that I would want to drive in! I would also suggest that you rent a car with a GPS. We just returned from a trip to Puglia also, and this is one time that I wish that we had one. Also note that AutoEurope has a "sale" going on now, and you may be able to get a GPS in your car for "cheap".

The Autostrada from Naples to Puglia is wonderful, and beautiful!

Posted by
55 posts

Are AutoEurope and EuropaCar the same?

Posted by
842 posts

Lea, Autoeurope and Europcar are NOT the same. Autoeurope is a broker/consolidator that uses Europecar as one of it's "supplier's".

Don, Chuck has a great point. If it is easy to get outa' Naples from the auto rental agencys near the train station, by all means add that to one of your options of locations to check on the Autoeurope web site.

Chuck did the same thing that we did in Rome, (Rome is also NOT a good city to be caught driving in.)

We picked up our Autoeurope rental in downtown Rome (cheaper!). The agency had a wonderful little map, with great directions, that wisked us right out of the city with no problems.