Please sign in to post.

Counterfeit ring in Naples

I keep forgetting to tell people what happened to my husband and I when we were taking the night ferry from Palermo, Sicilly to Naples about 3 years ago. I'm sure it's still happening too. We were in the restaurant on board, which is a buffet, and when my husband gave the cashier a new 50.00 Euro bill, he put it into the register, then brought out another 50.00 Euro bill which was old and wrinkled and written on, and told my husband it was no good because it is counterfeit. My husband took it back and gave him another bill. Then he got to thinking about it and realized that the bill he had used was brand new. He had just been to the ATM that day and got all new bills. I went back and basically raised hell with the cashier when I realized his scam. He refused to acknowledge what he had done so I called him a thief very loudly to make sure everyone heard me. The chief purser was sitting nearby and asked what the problem was and I told him. He took the wrinkled bill and studied it and confirmed that it was counterfeit so he tore it in two and gave us back our 50.00 Euro bill. But I don't think he ever reported this incident or penalized the cashier. This was very disturbing so watch those cashiers and their slight of hand tricks.

There are no replies to this topic.