Please sign in to post.

rome transportation

we will be in rome in late july to go on a celebrity cruise. we will stay one night in rome on each end of our cruise and need all legs of transportation from the airport to rome, rome to port, port to rome, rome to airport. we will have 6 adults and 4 kids (11,14,14,16). i have been in contact with stefano's rome cabs, which only have vans wh/ hold up to 8 so he wants to take us places with 2 cars. does anyone know of a reliable company wh/ has vans holding 10 people? we have 2 older people (grandparents) w/ us so public transportation would be difficult, but we could split up and have some take the train and some go with a private van. thanks for your thoughts.

Posted by
125 posts

I don't have any info on vans or private transportion companies, but Public transportation is very straight forward from FCO - Rome and from Rome to Civitavecchia ( cruise port ) From FCO-Termini you can take the Leonardo Express, non stop to Rome, about 11E. From Rome Termini to Civitavecchia, about 4.50E on the local train. But be sure to purchase your return ticket from Civitavecchia to Rome in advance, as I hear that the lines to buy your ticket for the train to Rome after the cruise passengers disembark, are crazy.

Posted by
6898 posts

The public train solution is quite correct and will work well. However, with 10 passengers, you are looking at a minimum 155Euro for the train transportation plus any metro or taxi costs to and from the hotel to Rome Termini. This base cost could be used to evaluate mini-bus-type transportation. It won't be cheap.

Here's another limo/shuttle service to look at (http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/FiumicinoE.htm) I'm betting that the train will still be the least expensive overall.

Posted by
23269 posts

Another double post -- same question is running under transportation with answers.

Posted by
204 posts

Try Roninrome.He has a web site and probably can help you out.