Please sign in to post.

Renting an apartment in Florence

I'm planning a vacation in Florence for the last week of September. This will be my first trip to Italy. I'm not fond of hotel rooms, so I'd like to rent an apartment for my stay. I'd love to hear any advice on websites, rental companies, recommended neighborhoods, etc. from more experienced travelers. Also, I will be a woman traveling along, so any advice on that topic would be greatly appreciated, as well. Thanks!

Posted by
1317 posts

Pamela--I assume you mean woman traveling alone. The long and short of it is, use the same common sense and precautions you would anywhere else (don't invite strange men to your apartment, wear a money belt, etc) and you'll be fine. Florence is no more dangerous for a woman alone, and probably even safer than most major U.S. cities!

One possible suggestion if you don't like hotels is to consider a B&B. Quite a bit more personal than a hotel and not as isolating as an apartment, but it's your call.

Posted by
87 posts

I used cross-pollinate.com for 3 different apartments in Italy. It worked great.

Posted by
466 posts

cross-pollinate is the best!!!! Have used them many times and they are great.