Please sign in to post.

cell phone charger adapters

My daughter is going to Germany and France, Verizon sent her a phone that will work in those countries plus the charger, and 3 different adapters. We are not sure which one will work in those countries, and we are trying to send only what she needs to have on the trip. One adapter has 2 long prongs. Another has 2 prongs that are in the form of a V and another is 3 prong.

Posted by
6898 posts

You may need two of the three. CLICK HERE for a list electricity around the world.

Posted by
6 posts

We also have the adapters for both general electric conversion and those for electronics like IPODs, etc. but this cell phone thing really has me stumped, can you be more specific?

Posted by
606 posts

"Another has 2 prongs that are in the form of a V"

How could you make a V with only 2 points? Surely 2 points will always just be in a straight line with each other.

You've asked this question on the Italy forum. Germany and France are on the "To the West" forum.

But I've been to Germany and France and never used anything but the "two long prongs" adapter. Plug the phone charger into the two prong adapter and I feel confident that she'll be able to charge her phone in France and Germany.

Posted by
606 posts

Chris clarified for me in a private message that the two prongs in a V shape she referred to are the Austrialian ones that are like the American ones, but slanted in an arrangement like \ /

I should have realized what she was talking about [slapping heal of hand to my forehead]!

Sounds like she has her adapters all in a row now, and the daughter's phone will soon be chatting up a storm.

Posted by
4 posts

can't help you with that, but did you ask verizon exactly what the COMPLETE charge per minute for a call from Germany or France. I prefer to use prepaid phone cards and the hotel phone based on outlandish cell charges.

Posted by
6 posts

Just to let all know. Regarding the outrageous cell phone charges. I found a program thru Verizon that is called the "occasional global traveller" program. It only cost us $9.99. They send a global phone, charger, adapters, and a couple other things one a computer attachment and another for a headset (I think). The $9.99 also includes the shipping to/from Verizon. I also paid a one time $4.99 charge to bring the call per minute charge down from $1.29 to $0.99. You get the phone for 30 days. Since we are Verizon customers, I can call to the cell phone in Europe at no charge except my normal airtime. The phone is set up with the number for my daughter's cell here in the U.S. I can also text my daughter, that costs $0.05 for her to receive. We are limiting the calls she makes to me, but I can call her anytime. I thought this was a pretty good deal if you are a Verizon customer.

Posted by
15016 posts

Chris...the occasional Global Traveler Program is 21 days, not 30.

Global Traveler Program

Posted by
6 posts

Yes, sorry, the "occasional global traveler" is 21 days for the actual travel use period, the rest of the time is to receive and return the phone.

Posted by
319 posts

You'll need a 2 long pronge adaptor. You DON'T need a european charger, just an adaptor. That can save you some money. You can also buy chargers for any USA phone at a cell store in europe too.

Posted by
22 posts

The Verizon program sounds great - I am so glad I read this. I called and ordered my phone today. This will be perfect for my trip to Italy.