Please sign in to post.

Milan - Airport to Train Station

I need help! I fly into Milan Linate and have to catch a train a few hours later at the Milan Central train station. I can't miss the train I have to catch, and I have no idea how to get to the train station, and I don't want to be completely confused when I get off the plane. I do have a about 3-4 hours to spare in between arriving and taking the train. Can someone please explain how I get to the train station from Linate? Thanks!

Also, can I buy my reserved train ticket prior to getting to Milan, while I am in Rome?

Posted by
23290 posts

Yes to buying the tickets. No idea about Linate.

Posted by
6898 posts

There is a shuttle bus between Linate and the main train station. CLICK HERE to see the information. I think you want the Star Fly bus. As a backup plan, Linate is not very far from the Milan central train station. A taxi ride will not break the bank.

After you click on the link above, click on Airport Map at the top of the page. When that appears, hit the zoom out twice and you will see how close to central Milan you really are.

Posted by
64 posts

Rebecca, This is so easy.. You catch the Starfly bus on the island across from the taxis. It is a big white bus. I think it is 4 Euro. The driver will make change. I believe it comes every thirty minutes.

If your are in any way confused or worried when you are at Linate, ask the information desk - they will tell you exactly where to go.