Please sign in to post.

Thermal Baths

I am looking for information about the thermal baths in the Tuscany area. We will be staying there the third week in June this year... I found alittle info about ones that are open to the public and was wondering if anyone has had any experience... good or bad that they would like to share.. Thanks

Posted by
134 posts

My husband and I went to Saturnia in Tuscany last September. We went to the area where the locals go and on a Sunday morning which was a big mistake. It was so crowded you could hardly see the water. Also, even driving down the dirt road to the very rough parking lot was not pleasant. Cars were parked on both sides of the narrow road making it almost impossible to get down and no way to turn around. The police were handing out tickets right and left, but that didn't help the situation with cars that were already left there. We walked down the path to the water, stayed about 10 minutes and left. I believe there is a nice spa close by and that might be enjoyable, but we didn't stop to check it out. Also, if you go on a weekday it might be a very different story. I must say though that the rest of our time in Tuscany and Umbria more than made up for that small incident.
Teri