Please sign in to post.

Viator Tours

Has anyone used Viator Tours in Italy. We are wanting to use them, but want to make sure they are reputable. We leaving from NAPLES PORT and going to POSITANO, AMALFI AND RAVELLO. THANKS.

Posted by
10344 posts

click here to retrieve 28 prior discussions here of Viator Tours

Posted by
80 posts

I booked a trip with them during the infancy of my trip planning stage. Didn't know that much about anything.

I contemplated canceling and triple checked the refund policy and did not see that my trip was non-refundable. I still have the proof as well (telling me that if I cancel well in advance, they will refund my money)

It turns out that on some part of their site, they claim it is nonrefunable, while on some part it claims it is refundable!

Btw, if you look at some of their advertising, it is clearly false advertising. They put beautiful pictures of your tour destination when there is no way you will see that scenery (they show a beautiful/mystical night picture of the moon and the castle) but you are traveling during the day with them.

Lost $188 thanks to their confusing message.

Advice: do look at their sites and figure out where they are doing...try to see if you can do the same by yourself or using local agencies (google.com) is my best friend! I found and booked a few local agencies that they are using but not going through them.

Posted by
440 posts

Last month I did a fabulous day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre with Viator. Excellent in all respects. I especially like being part of a very small group - 8 max but there were only 5 of us.

Posted by
8683 posts

I've posted about them before. Used them last December to be certain I got to see the Last Supper in Milan. Guide was excellent. Bus was on time. Small group of 10. Saw the Duomo, The Galleria, The Castle, La Scalla and the Last Supper. As I was only in Milan for a day this tour was perfect for the $75 I paid.

Posted by
255 posts

Booked a wine tasting through them last October for Florence. No problems.

Posted by
12 posts

We were on a last supper tour a week ago and it was the worst tour I had ever taken. They were disorganized, took a half an hour to get headsets working for everyone and the guide was very hard to hear. I will never use them again, but it sounds like others have had OK experiences. It may vary from guide to guide.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks everyone! I am booking with a tour group that looks great and is much less! Made in Italy Tours. Read good responses, so this one sounds good! Thanks for your time!