Please sign in to post.

Airport Hotels

We have a 7:05am flight from Rome back to USA. I was planning on staying at an airport hotel the evening before. Any suggestions?

Posted by
525 posts

I don't have any suggestions about a place to stay at the airport.

As others have stated on the helpline - Do not spend your last night in Rome at the airport! We had an early flight but stayed in Rome and had a cab take us to the airport. I believe we were picked up around 4:30 am. It was a rather interesting experience going through Rome when there was no one else on the road and going very fast!!! On your last night, go out and walk in the evening to join the others then stop for a nice last dinner..then your last taste of Gelato...Now doesn't that sound better than sitting in a hotel room at the airport?

Posted by
67 posts

Hi Connie

We stayed a few years ago at the Rome Airport Hilton. Convenient for an early morning flight, but you are stranded at the airport with little choice for meals other than hotel food. It was costly too. On our recent trip to Italy, we had an early flight from Venice. We stayed in Venice rather than near the airport, had a great dinner and walk, and were still able to get to the airport in plenty of time. Stay in the city and cab it to the airport.

Posted by
2207 posts

Connie,

Like others, I advise against spending your last night at an airport hotel. Ride a taxi (pre-aranged) or schedule a private shuttle. Yet, there are a few American hotels near the airport.

CLICK HERE for more information on hotels near the airport and other transportation options.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks everyone. I agree we would have a lot more fun staying in Rome our last night. Thanks for the help.