Please sign in to post.

Vernazza train station

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to store baggage in the Vernazza train station -- either lockers or baggage check?

If not, any suggestion on what to do with baggage during the day if I have to check out of my room and don't plan to leave by train until the evening? I will try to arrange to keep it at the guest house where I am staying, but if that's not possible, I'm wondering if anyone knows any alternatives.

Thank you!

Posted by
12313 posts

I don't recall any lockers at the train station. The building itself had a little office and gift shop that isn't always open. If you can't leave your bag at your guest house, just ask any of the hotels in town. They seem to be pretty accomodating to people's needs. Italians are famously flexible in every good and bad sense.

Posted by
11 posts

No, they have no storage facilities. Whoever you're renting your guest house from I'm sure will hold onto your luggage until you depart. Vernazza's a small, friendly town and I can't see your hosts not accomodating your request.

Posted by
6898 posts

The Trenitalia website shows that both La Spezia Centrale and Monterosso have luggage storage facilities. That being said, it is really best to see if your hotel can store your luggage.