Please sign in to post.

Transportation from airport

One more question,

Do taxis in Rome allow for 4 passengers? My family of 4 is flying into FCO, and I am looking for the cheapest way to get from the airport to our hotel..I suspect that if the taxi allows 4 passengers, it will be cheaper than each person buying a train ticket to Termini THEN having to get from there to our hotel..

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Posted by
1127 posts

Arrange for a car service like Romecabs.com take you to your hotel. Taxis can fit 4 people but depending on how light you travel the luggage may not fit. A car service can send a van & you will travel comfortably.

Posted by
120 posts

You can pre-arrange a ride from the airport through a shuttle service. Four people and luggage cost us 40 Euros in September last year, I think it has now gone up to 43 Euros. Try rome-shuttle.com

Posted by
6898 posts

Ashely, the fare on the Leonardo Express train is 11Euro. That's 44Euro for all four of you. That's about the same as the standard 43Euro fare for 4 with luggage with a private shuttle service.

Posted by
18 posts

Awesome, I hadn't even considered the private car/shuttle, didn't imagine that it would be so reasonable.

Fancy that, I actually stumbled across the Ron in Rome website while browsing on my phone last night.

Thanks for all your help!

Posted by
13 posts

We will be in Rome this fall. Arriving at FCO. We wanted to take the train to Rome to experience that mode of travel. We will have a max of 4 bags. Will the 4 bags be accepted on the train?

Any thoughts on reasonable transportation from Rome to the port at Civitavechia? Our best rate has been trhough the hotel we are staying at, 170E.

Thanks, Jerry

Posted by
23290 posts

Jerry, the only thing the Leonard Express express does is to haul people with luggage to and from the airport. Four or forty bags will not make any difference.

Second, it is a commuter run to Civit -- roughly three to four trains an hour and takes between 45 min to 1 hr 15 depend on train. Cost will range from 8 to 12 Euro. If your cruise ship comes back to Rome and you will be returning to Rome, buy a round trip tickets. When the cruise ships unload the line to buy a ticket to Rome is longer than the trip to Rome.