Please sign in to post.

Need suggestion: From France to Italy or From Italy to France

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Europe later this year. Since I'll be doing some shopping in Paris and also stopping by the outlets in Italy. Since I'll be carrying those goodies with me during the entire the trip, so I'm just wondering if I should start my trip from France to Italy or from Italy to France. Is it safe to put those things in the hotels/B&Bs? Also, what month would be the best and cheapest to go? We are thinking August, September, or Oct? Thanks!

The route would be:
Paris->Venice->Florence->Rome
OR
Rome->Florence->Venice->Paris

Posted by
7569 posts

I suppose if you are certain that you would be purchasing much more in Paris than other stops, makes sense to hit there last, otherwise it probably would make no difference. Personally I have never had any problems with security in hotels or B/B, I would not leave money/electronics/jewelry out, but clothing or general items should be no issue. Of the months you mention, August would be the worst, both in Climate and Costs...plus both Paris and Rome see businesses closing down (less so now than in the past) in August as that is the prime vacation time for Europeans. September is a nice mix of good weather and lower costs and lesser crowds, October will be the lowest cost, fewer crowds, but weather will start to be more hit or miss.