Please sign in to post.

Train connections

My question has to do with train connections. For example, if traveling from Milan to Venice, with a stopover in Verona, would I buy one through-ticket or need to buy separate tickets for each leg of the trip? Thanks.

Posted by
23534 posts

If I understand your question correctly it would be two trips. One day to Verona and the next to Venice. Two trips, two tickets.

Posted by
8700 posts

If by "stopover" you mean getting off in Verona, staying for a few hours, and then continuing on to Venice, there are two scenarios:

1. If you take fast EuroStar Italia trains, you'll have to buy separate tickets for each leg. Seat reservations are required and they are for a specific date and departure time.

2. If you take slower regional trains, you can take any train you wish to Verona, stop over as long as you wish, and take any train to Venice. It's open seating on regional trains and no reservations are possible.

Posted by
881 posts

Note: The regional trains are slower, and stop more often, however they're usually well priced, and the option of popping off somewhere for a day, or a few minutes is really nice. :)

Posted by
605 posts

Thanks for the replies. My intention is to stop over just for a few hours enroute to Venice. Your replies were very helpful. Thanks!