Please sign in to post.

paris hotel

I am looking for a hotel in Paris that is quite central. We are 3 ladies in our 60's but are pretty agile as far as walking goes. The one thing we would like is a place where we can go out at night without having to take buses or subway. Where there are bars and restaurants etc. If anyone has a recomendation for any 1 to 3 stars could you please let me know. Tks Ellen

Posted by
8293 posts

Ellen, you have posted your request for info on a Paris hotel in the "Italy" section of Helpline. Why don't you delete this one and re-post in "To the West", which includes France.

Posted by
32212 posts

ellen,

I wasn't sure about adding to your Post here, as it's in the "wrong" section and I wasn't sure if you were going to delete it?

Regarding Hotels in Paris, you'll find lots of listings in Rick's France 2009 or Paris 2009 Guidebooks.

You might check out the Rue Cler area. It's got lots of restaurants in the area and ATM's, is close to Metro stop (Ecole Militaire) and is within fairly easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower.

When are you heading to Paris? I'll be going there this year also to join a RS tour.

Happy travels!

Posted by
2030 posts

I would stay in the Marais or Latin Quarter area more than Rue Cler -- if you are looking for a lot of activity at night. Rue Cler will have some restaurants going -- but is pretty sedate.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Ellen,

My wife and I were in Paris this past January and stayed at a nice 3 star in the Marais area, Caron De Beaumarchais. Website www.carondebeaumarchais.com

Many places to eat, drink and and shop. Ten minute walk to Norte Dame or a Metro station. The staff was very friendly and helpful (spoke english). The room was a little small especially compared to US stadards but the decor was over the top (see the website). If you don't like this hotel there are many more but I would stay in the Marais area, we've been to Paris twice and have found we spend more time there then any place else.