Please sign in to post.

money belt

We're leaving in 11 days for Italy and I've just discovered that Rick Steves sells money belts on-line -- however, it's too late now to have one delivered here to Nova Scotia, Canada. Does anyone know where in Canada I might be able to purchase a similar money-belt?

Thanks!

Posted by
9100 posts

Most any store that sells luggage will also sell money belts. You can also purchase them at some of the shops at the airport.

Posted by
4555 posts

Pat....Wal Mart's luggage section should have some similar to Rick's. Make sure you put passports,tickets, etc in a zip-lock baggie to keep them from getting damp.

Posted by
45 posts

Walmart, Bentley, the Bay. We had the American Tourister ones. My husband got one that went around his neck but ended up using it like a belt. I went with the belt one and it was comfortable and fine. Defintely use a money belt, we had no problems on our trip.

Posted by
32209 posts

Pat,

I've been using an Eagle Creek Money Belt for a few years, and it's been working well. The EC design uses a Microfibre design which is very robust. They have several versions, including the standard waist belt design. The product I use is the www.eaglecreek.com/accessories/security_id/UnderCover-Deluxe-Security-Belt-40021/. It's a good idea to place Passports or other sensitive documents in a small zip-lok bag inside the Money Belt, so they aren't damaged by perspiration.

I couldn't find any Retailers in Nova Scotia, but you might contact www.thetravelbugstore.com in St. John's, Newfoundland as they do mail order. If you have it sent via Courier, you should have it in a day or so.

Hope this helps.

Happy travels!

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks for all your replies! In the end, my husband found the perfect money belts for about $12 at our local favourite, Mountain Equipment Coop -- just up the street from his office. We didn't have to look far at all. They aren't silk, like Rick's, but are nice and soft and said to be comfortable when worn all day (and night).

Pat

Posted by
40 posts

I got one from the Lands End website,but sent it back.Honestly,Ricks was great-so comfortable,I forgot I had it on.Have you tried any of the Luggage stores,like Bentley or Kelly's?I am in Shubenacadie,near Halifax,and if you are near here,I'd be happy to loan you mine.