Please sign in to post.

Air Italia

My husband and I have a Christmas trip planned to Syracuse, Italy in Sicily to visit friends living there.

We have a flight booked on Air Italy...from London. If Air Italia goes under...any suggestions regarding another airline that would get us to our destination????

It is always something....thanks,

Paul and Kelli

Posted by
466 posts

Try Ryan Air out of England they should have something.

Posted by
4555 posts

I assume you're arriving at Heathrow. Unfortunately, there's nothing cheap out of there. And the closest you will likely come in Sicily is to Catania. Check whichbudget.com and flylc.com for discount flights....there appear to be three charter airlines flying direct from London-Gatwick. Those two websites will also allow you to check indirect connections. If it doesn't show up in the indirect flights, you might have the best luck flying into Rome and then into Sicily.

Posted by
7569 posts

When you say you booked a flight, did you arrange that independently, or as part of your itinerary for your flight from WA? My point being, If is a codeshare flight...booked with American or Northwest for example, and they put you on an Alitalia for that leg, you you need to ask "what if" with the US airline. If you booked one flight into London, then separately booked another flight London to Syracuse, then you are probably on your own.

Posted by
15069 posts

Do you mean Alitalia?

Don't go by what's available right now. Should Alitalia stop flying, other airlines will step it.

Did you use a travel agent or did you book these yourselves? If you used a travel agent, let them take care of it. If you booked it yourself, then I'd keep watch every couple of days to see what airlines start offering the flights you need.

And Paul is right....is it part of a combined ticket from the US or was it booked separately?