Please sign in to post.

Tour guide in Rome

We will be traveling to Rome in September. My husband and I have been there several times, but are traveling with a couple who has never been there. We would like to get a tour guide for at least 1 day - if not 2. Any ideas?

Posted by
1 posts

Hello Darla
I work in Italy a couple of months every year and my family is joining me from England for a short holiday on a cruise through the Med. I found this company Miles&Miles private tours searching and the web and they look very good. Its a small family business but they have great reviews on About.com and Tripadvisor.

Their web is www.toursofrome.it

I booked two tours with them for Rome and Florence.
Have fun!

Mark

Posted by
1317 posts

Rick also lists a tour guide in his Rome book--Francesa Caruso I believe her name is. I haven't used her, but there have been good reports on this board.

Her contact information is in the guidebook.

Posted by
1358 posts

Here is a web page listing Roman tour guides:
http://www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/WebX?128@@.ef30ac7

Francesa Caruso is described a little way past the half page mark.

As for tour guides in general; I recommend the added cost of one because they will make your visit more memorable.

I always think back on conversations we had with our guides in Moscow and St Petersburg with fond memories (and other cities). Forget about the money; it is well worth it. I think back on guide cost and often cannot remember the fee, but I think of it as just another cost of travel.

Posted by
6 posts

we were in Rome in May 2007 and used a service called Romaround, www.romaround.com Our guide was Mauro and he was fantastic, did St Peters & Vatican in AM, lunch, & ancient Rome in PM. Adapted well to our group of six, took time to answer any questions.

Posted by
32173 posts

Darla,

I would definitely recommend Francesca Caruso. She's a fantastic and very knowledgeable Guide.

Happy travels!