Please sign in to post.

Venice Accomodations

We are looking for a reasonably-priced (by Venetian standards), clean & quiet place to stay rather close to Piazza San Marco.

Two questions:

(1) Has anyone stayed at either Locanda Casa Querini or Locanda Correr?

(2) Any other personal recommendations?

Thank you kindly.

Kit

Posted by
261 posts

We stayed at Locanda Al Leon. It's one block behind the Doge's Palace. It was very quiet and had a nice breakfast. The room we were in was newly renovated.

Posted by
42 posts

Hi Kit,

The Hilton Molino Stucky has half price rates for the fall... you can get a room for $225 p/n U.S. and they offer a free shuttle to San Marco. If you cant find the rate, use priceline and ask for 5 star in Venice... you'll get Molino Stucky.

Posted by
7209 posts

The Molino Stucky Venice is actually on the island of Giudecca. Personally I would not want to be that far away from Venice Island. Yes, it's only a boat ride away...every single time you want to go back to your room.

Posted by
6 posts

Cant comment on your two accommodations and not sure how long you will be there, but we stayed in Venice in an apartment practically on Campo Santa Margherita. Excellent location. Approx 10 min walk to San Marco. Just out far enough to feel like a local. Supermarket, gelato shop, bars and restaurants on Campo. We stayed a month and loved every day there. website we rented through was www.holiday-velvet.com (our apartment was 'Margherita'). Lots of apartments on site and they rent from a few days to months. Wherever you stay in Venice, you will never be too far away from San Marco.
Have a wonderful time, its such a magical place.

Posted by
636 posts

Check out Ca' Angeli. It's right on the Grand Canal (on the side opposite Piazza San Marco), near the Rialto Bridge.

It's easy walking distance to everything, but enough off the beaten path to be more relaxing.

Posted by
111 posts

Thank you, everyone. We decided to book a room for 2 nights at Locanda Correr -- strategically situated, small & recipient of favorable comments.

Posted by
12313 posts

We called Hotel d'Art and rented an apartment from them it wasn't fancy but clean and perfectly functional. It was a medium walk to San Marco. I would call them again next time I visit.

Posted by
586 posts

A second for Locanda al Leon: we stayed there twice this past year: great location, great people, great rooms, and fair price (e125 per night, about).

Posted by
5790 posts

I can't comment on the two places that you identified, but I stayed at Ca' Centopietre in May and it was a great place to stay. It is a short walk from the Accademia Bridge. You can easily cross the bridge and walk over to Piazza San Marco (perhaps 15 minutes) or hop on the Vaparetto and go up to the stop. The owner could not have been nicer, the place was quite and very clean. Check tripadvisor for more reviews. I booked directly through the hotel.

Posted by
466 posts

check out this website www.cross-pollinate.com It is a bed and breakfast booking service owned and operated my an American family living in Rome. I have stayed at Ca'Riccio in Venice and it was very nice, had breakfast included and was in a very quiet area and the price was very reasonable. Check out the website, they have quite a few offerings for Venice. Have fun!!!!! Rick Steves also recommends them in his book.

Posted by
4 posts

We have friends who stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky this year. They are very wealthy and extremely picky travelers. The husband travels 30 weeks a year on buiness and stays only in the finest hotels. They loved the hotel and said the free shuttle was great. No inconvenience at all.

Posted by
19 posts

Stayed at Locanda Casa Querina in may and enjoyed it. My daughter(12) and I had a double 2 twins that was actually a triple room. The only real problem was the window looked out on an alley, but the room was pleasant. Sitting out front for breakfast was great. It is a 5 minute walk to st peters and a short walk to San Zaccaria vaporetto stop. Also nice there is a laundromat less then a 5 minute walk and an internet shop around the corner. People were friendly and helpful. feel free to email if any more questions

Posted by
20 posts

Hi Kit
Glad to know you've found a place but I've been looking and come across this great website for the main island - it's www.monasterystays.com. It is about staying in monasteries/convents in Venice and they seem reasonable value, situated across the island and are presumably very safe and secure. Check it out for next time

Posted by
64 posts

Well, even though you've already booked, I'd recommend Hotel Fontana if you don't mind stairs. I wasn't sure what to expect having not read a lot of reviews, but the place was great. Our bathroom was newly renovated (I actually think it is the one in one of their ads) and we had a great view of San Zaccaria church. It was quiet too, something I was concerned about as it overlooks a small square. The location is fantastic, just far enough away from BSM so as not to be too touristy, yet close enough so that if one forgets her Secret Itineraries tour receipt and discoverers it 10 min. before the tour starts, she can still make it back to the room to grab it, and get back to the palace in time, all at a full OJ Simpson like airport sprint of course! The breakfast was great too. They make the rolls on site before they open, and boy are they good!