Please sign in to post.

Italy Excursion

I am going on a cooking and hiking tour in Tuscany in October. I have about 3 extra days before my flight back to the states, and I am trying to figure out what to do. My flight leaves from Florence, and I end my tour in Perugia.
Anybody have any suggestions for what I should I try to do? I wasn't sure if I should base myself in Florence, and try and find some little trips/tours, or what. On my trip, we are going to be visiting/passing thru San Gimignano, Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Cortona, Asissi, SPello, and Orvieto.

Posted by
10344 posts

There's 3 days worth of fascinating things to see in Florence.

Posted by
192 posts

Plenty to do and see in Florence for 3 days.

Posted by
12 posts

So I have been looking at many different options for where to stay while I am in Florence. Anyone have any reccomendations for somewhere simple, inexpensive, but of course clean and safe. I will be travelling alone, and I am pretty independent, but I want to feel safe at night when coming back to the hotel/inn/B&B.

Posted by
255 posts

Alyssa.....

I highly recommend the Soggiorno Battistero if you don't mind climbing a few stairs....and I do mean a few. Here is the link:
http://www.soggiornobattistero.it/#rooms

Single with bathroom in October will probably run you the full 80 euro. I say this having stayed there in October a few years ago and paid the max price. They offered a 5% discount at the time if you paid cash, so be sure to ask about that. This place is in a GREAT location....literally at the foot of the Duomo. You will feel very safe in this area and it is convenient to everything that you will probably want to see. Shops and restaurants are very close by. I would not hesitate to stay here by myself. The only drawback is that you will be able to hear the bells from the bell tower. We are going to be in Florence again in October and would have stayed here again except for the stairs. Had back surgery awhile back and can't lift anything very heavy. Didn't want the hubby having to carry 2 suitcases up the stairs by himself. We are staying about 1 minute around the corner, because we did like this neighborhood so much.