Please sign in to post.

What to do

Okay we land in Rome Tuesday morning @ 850. We can not check into the B&B/apartment until 4. Do you know any apratments/B&Bs that might have earlier check-ins. Is it possible to store our lugguage at the Termini? Should we take a taxi from the airport or the train - the cheapest would be great. We could use some suggestions on what to see & do until we can check into our B&B/apartment. Thank you

Posted by
11 posts

If you land at 8:50, you probably won't get into the city until noon. We've never had a problem checking in early, and, if the room is not ready, leaving our luggage and taking a jet lag stroll until the appointed time. Your room might be ready early, but if not, they should keep your luggage for yo.

Posted by
122 posts

We recently had a similar arrival time in Rome and when we got to the hotel, they were able to give us early check-in. Similarly, when we travelled to Florence, we arrived early and our hotel room wasn't ready - so they stored our luggage for us in a secure room and we were free to walk about and sightsee. As for the trip from the airport, you're going to pay about 45 or 50 Euro for a cab, and if you're willing to do this, I highly recommend it. Having flown all night from Canada, the last thing I wanted to do was fight my way onto a train to Termini and then find a taxi to get me to my hotel. It is a tiring overseas flight - we felt it was important to be good to ourselves at that point. If you're interested, we used RomeCabs and it was fantastic --- they met us at our flight with our names on a cardboard (felt like a celebrity!) and dropped us off right at the door of the hotel. At the other end, they were there in the morning to pick us up and take us back to the airport for our flight home. They are reliable and the driver was friendly and informative. If you're interested, you can book by email at www.romecabs.com. We paid 45 Euro. If you book, ask for Enza as a driver - we really liked her a lot!

Posted by
1589 posts

Take the train for 11E. It takes about 40 minutes from the airport to Termini station. Termini station has a baggage check area downstairs.

Posted by
1358 posts

When I have faced that problem in the past I just show up at the B&B with my luggage and ask if I can leave it in a closet until my room is ready. The owner has always helped me.

I have never been turned away; even hotels and hostels will accommodate me. I always like the closet with a lock on the door. Be sure to check.