Please sign in to post.

Drying Clothes

Hey anybody here try Shamwow? You know that amazing drying towel on TV that dries an entire sweater? Anyway, I was wondering if that would be an even quicker way to dry your clothes while traveling.

Posted by
122 posts

A number of our hotels provided small clotheslines outside the window where we hung clothing overnight to dry.

Posted by
261 posts

Your limited luggage space would probably be better used by packing a short clothes line and a few clothes pins. Most things we took dried over night.

Posted by
192 posts

We always just go to a local laundromat if we need to wash and dry clothes. Drop them off in the morning and pick them up later in the day. Cheap and convenient.

Posted by
7737 posts

My experience with laundromats in Italy has been that they are indeed convenient, but far from cheap.

Posted by
316 posts

Ty- I don't have experience with a Shamwow but I do always take one of those synthetic chamois you can get in the auto aisle at wal-mart. I do laundry in the sink and then roll up each item in the chamois and squeeze it, squeeze water out of the chamois and repeat. Usually my laundry is either dry the next morning or when I get back to my room in the evening.I always try to laundry when I won't be traveling the next day but if anything is still damp when I have to pack I just put it in one of the large plastic bags I take. Then I hang it up when I get to my next room. Unless you're going to be gone for quite awhile you shouldn't have to go to a laundry.Take dark clothes if you're traveling in the fall and you can wear then several times with just a quick spray of Febreeze in between.