Please sign in to post.

Need help with itinerary

I am planning a last minute trip for my brother who is dieing of cancer. I got free flights with donations. They are flying into Rome on Sept 15 and out of Florence on the 25th. My thoughts are spending 2 nights in Rome,4 nights on the Amalfi coast, 3 nights somwhere in Tuscany and one night in Florence. There goal is some tourist days but mostly romance and relaxation. My question is, should we do CT instead of the Amalfi coast. They do not really care to hike but want nice accomadations and food. What does anyone think? I would appreciate any feedback. I am a bit overwhelmed with this short of notice.

Nicole

Posted by
683 posts

CQ is closer than the AC. If time is an issue, it is the better choice, as getting to AC is a long train ride. To make things easier on them, why not spend all the Tuscan days in Florence and take day trips? That eliminates constant travel and allows for relaxation and breathing!

Posted by
2 posts

They are flying into Rome and I was thinking that they would go to the Amalfi coast before they headed to Tuscany.If they went to CT it would be after Tuscany. Staying in Florence does not seem to appeal to them we were thinking Sienna being the home base. What do you think?