Please sign in to post.

Help.

Thanks for reading. Me and my sister are going to germany, switzerland and Italy. The stay and transportation in Germany is not a concern since my cousin lives there. But from Germany, I have to take a train to Interlaken for a 2 days stay and then another train from there to Rome. Am I better off purchasing a Rail pass or Direct train tickets. Thanks for your time.
-Trivi.

Posted by
4132 posts

If it were me, I would buy tickets because (1) I'm over 26 (2) going first class adds zero value for me and (3) 2nd-class tickets are less than the 1st-class pass.

But, it could be different if you qualified for the youth pass or wanted to travel first class.

Posted by
220 posts

Trivi, Have you read Rick's tips on figuring out the cost effectiveness of passes vs. point-to-point tickets? You can access it by clicking on the Railpass tab at the top of this page or find it in any of his guidebooks. It's really helpful info. Have a great trip.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks Adam. I am over 26 years too and so youth pass is out of question. Since i am not gonna do any train travel within germany and i need it only to go from frankfurt to interlaken and interlaken to rome, i think i will look into tickets instead of pass like you said. Thanks again for your quick reply.
Hi everybody, I am still open for other suggestions too. Thank u guys for your input.
-Trivi