Please sign in to post.

car rentals

Any recommendations on the best/most reasonable car rental co. to use in Italy and/or Sicily?

Posted by
1127 posts

I have found the best rates with AutoEurope.com.

Posted by
66 posts

Thanks, everyone.....I will check out these suggestions!

Posted by
157 posts

I had good rates and decent service from Europcar. I say decent service becuase when I stated there was some damage (albeit very minor) on the car when I picked it up they ignored me but they also did not care when I dropped it off. But they actually gave me the car I rented this past trip! That usually does not ahppen for me whether I rent a car in the states or in the EU.

Posted by
199 posts

Patricia, I would try several companies, not just AutoEurope, which everyone on this site seems to think is the only choice. In Italy last year we rented Avis in Rome and returned it at the Palermo airport. It was very reasonable...less than $50 per day. Budget, Thrifty and others also rent in Italy.

Posted by
90 posts

Patricia, I use gemut.com, who in turn goes through Auto Europe. I have found with all of the autos I have rented, that Andrew Bestor, [email protected] gets me a rate even lower than the rate quoted on the Auto Europe website. Not sure exactly how that happens, but it has always worked out well for me. You can either email Andrew or call and he returns the call or message in a very timely manner. They have a nice travel website as well. www.gemut.com