Please sign in to post.

Florence to Vernazza

We are traveling in September, and arrive in Florence at 6:05 pm. Is it possible to get a train to Vernazza that evening that will allow us to arrive in time to check-in at a hotel? I'm not sure of train schedules, or how late we can typically check in. Thank you.

Posted by
6898 posts

Fred, only your hotel can tell you how late you can check in. I suggest that you email or call them. Next, you don't say which day in September that you wish to do this.

CLICK HERE to see an evening train schedule from Florence to Vernazza for 9/18. There are only 3 trains from 6:00pm to midnight. The times with asterisks are for the next day.

To get from Amerigo Vespucci airport (Florence), there is a bus service into Florence. But, I think its a SITA bus which is fine but the SITA bus terminal is about 400 feet from the Florence train station. Thus, you have to get quickly over to the train station. You may have to spend 25-30Euro to take a quick taxi to the train station. If your plane is on time, you won't make the 18:27 train. At best, it looks like you have 90 minutes to make the 19:27 train. Note that the trip takes just over 3hrs with an arrival time of 22:38 (10:30pm).

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks Larry. We arrive Thursday, September 11.