Please sign in to post.

Parking in cinque terra June 2020

My wife and I are staying in Pomarance for a week and I would like to take a day trip to cinque terra. I’m thinking of just reserving a airb&b in riomaggiori but I’m not sure if I can park my rental car near the airb&b or is there strict parking rules in this area? Thanks Charles

Posted by
27396 posts

You might use the Edit function to change the title of the thread to something like "Parking in Cinque Terre". The Cinque Terre are not in Tuscany, so it's possible people who have information for you may not open the thread if they do not consider themselves knowledgeable about Tuscany.

[Thank you, Charles. I hope this thread gets attention from the right people now.]

Posted by
32253 posts

emty,

As I recall, Riomaggiore has somewhat limited parking and in June, it could be busy. You might consider driving to Monterosso instead, as there's a large car park right on the beach in the "new town", and a concrete car park in the "old town". Note that you won't be able to drive within the town of Monterosso, as it's a ZTL zone. You can travel between the towns using the frequent Cinque Terre Express trains.

Posted by
11432 posts

Ask your landlord/host what parking is available at/near the property

Posted by
15462 posts

There is a two story parking structure in Riomaggiore at the start of the ZTL. I always park there. It’s not cheap and I think it closes for the night at a certain hour (don’t remember when). If I stay in town more than one night, I like the idea of keeping my car near me, even though it might be more expensive than elsewhere.