Please sign in to post.

2018 Herculaneum and Pompeii 3-day combo ticket

Do we need to go to Herculaneum first to buy a combo ticket for Pompeii and Herculaneum. Searching online for current 2018 ticket prices and combination ticket for Pompeii and Herculaneum, the Herculaneum site showed a combination ticket but the Pompeii did not show a combination ticket that actually said it included Herculaneum. The following is what was shown on the respective sites:
Ticket Prices shown on Pompeii site (no 5 site combo was shown:
Full € 15,00
2 sites Optontis, Boscoreale Full € 7,00
3 sites: Pompeii, Oplontis, Boscoreale Full € 18,00

Ticket Prices shown on Herculaneum site:
Adults: 11€
Combined ticket Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplontis, Stabiae and Antiquarium of Boscoreale.
Adults: 20€

Anyone know the correct 2018 combo ticket prices for Pompeii and Herculaneum or where I can find this (I feel like I've looked everywhere online).

Posted by
6 posts

I would like to know this same info as I have discovered the same info as helmslady. We are traveling in June

Blockquote

Posted by
16894 posts

Rick has never suggested buying tickets online for these sites, nor to visit one before the other, and he lists the combo ticket under the options in both sections, so that's enough for me to trust that you can buy the combo ticket at either spot. Translating and updating of web sites isn't necessarily the strong point of Italian museums. (And even our own editors have it at €22 on one page and €21 on another in Italy 2018.)

Posted by
2 posts

Upon further searching, I believe a combination Herculaneum/Pompeii ticket is no longer available.

Posted by
6 posts

I verified with Sorrento tour agent that the combo ticket with Pompeii and Heraculeum are no longer available