Please sign in to post.

2017 Village Italy Tour

I am on the May 22nd through June 4th tour and I know I will get the full list of lodging next year. My question is the itinerary show nights 7 and 8 in Tuscany but is not specific as to where in Tuscany we stay. Does anyone know where in Tuscany the tour stays or if we are really out in the country where the closest city is located?

Thanks!

Posted by
1814 posts

I took this tour back in 2015. It was slightly different back then. In Tuscany we stayed at a lovely inn in the Chianti country side. The Hotel Belvedere is surrounded by vineyards.. If you google it the images tab will give you a feel for what the hotel is like. Hint, there's a copy of a book in each room. It's called something like 100 best hotels of Italy. And yes they are in it. Hotel wise this was probably the nicest on the tour.

I spent a couple of days pre tour in Venice and took the train down to Padua. If I could do it again I would get to Padua a day early or at least early on day one of the tour.

Rich

Posted by
14030 posts

The tours probably stay different places which is why it is less specific. I agree with Rich, though, mine in 2014 was out in the countryside surrounded by vineyards. It was not too far from Siena as it was a quick bus ride there on the full day.

I would also agree with adding a night in Padua. I did the same thing, stayed in Venice a couple of days then out to Padua the day the tour started. There was so much I didn't get to there!

Have a wonderful time! I loved this tour!

Posted by
116 posts

Rich, thanks for the information. Current plans call for us spending 3 days in Padua before out trip and 3 nights in Venice after the our tour. Nice balance and should help make this a great trip.