Please sign in to post.

2014 Night Opening of Castel Sant'Angelo - Edited: New Website Found!

Has anyone heard anything about Castel Sant'Angelo having night openings again this summer? The website from last year isn't functional any more, and I can't seem to find it anywhere else - but they've been doing it for several years so I was hoping it would be done again this year since we are going in August! Any info would be fabulous!

Edited: Here is the new site with all of this season's information!

http://www.castelsantangeloestate.it

Posted by
25 posts

Thank you Laura; unfortunately, this looks like the specific tours part of the opening, rather than the general information (the tours seem to be only Wednesdays and Saturdays or something?) This is different than last year when it was open every evening (it didn't have to be a tour, and the cafe upstairs was open as well) - I guess I will have to see if they post any additional information or if they get the proper Notti d'Estate a Castel Sant'Angelo site working again or anything. It's so frustrating sometimes trying to find proper information on italian websites; so last minute and disjointed. Thanks again for finding this!

Posted by
11359 posts

Funny, I was just on the website a few days ago. Apparently it is down for some reason. CSA is definitely open July 2- Sept 7, with guided tour optional at 21:30. See this site unfortunately not available in English. The last two years there were guided tours later as well. As far as I know, a guided tour is the only way to see Il Passato di Borgo.

Posted by
128 posts

Hi there,
I have contacted the tour company who operates at Castel Sant'Angelo's night program. Their tours are only on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9:30 PM. They are NOT in English.

You can contact them for information at [email protected]

Posted by
25 posts

Thanks all - this is very odd in that it is different than past years, when there were tours offered in English every night as well as other programs (music concerts in the courtyard, etc). I'm hoping that will be the case this year too and they just don't have the website operating or somesuch. Thank you for the information to you both!