Please sign in to post.

2012 Tours that incude Cinque Terra as a stop

We are planning to lock into a tour for this coming July, and are concerned about CT being ready for tourists by the scheduled tours dates. Will your tour include CT or will there be an alternate location instead? Thanks,
Bruce & Debbie

Posted by
32219 posts

Bruce, Which tour are you considering? If it's a RS tour, you may want to contact the tour office, as they'll be able to provide the most up-to-date information regarding changes to the published Itineraries. Based on the information I've seen, I absolutely believe the Cinque Terre will be ready and able to host visitors, especially in July. It's important to remember that three of the five villages weren't affected by the floods of Oct. 25, so it will be "business as usual" in those locations. Excellent progress has been made in the "old town" section of Monterosso, so I believe they should be also open for business. The "new town" section was largely unaffected. While it's highly unlikely that Vernazza will be completely back to normal, they should also be ready to host visitors. The local authorities have said they plan to have all the hiking trails repaired and open by Easter, so hopefully they can accomplish that. I'd suggest "locking in" soon, as some of the tours have starting to fill (especially the 17-Day tour). I'm confident it will one of the best trips you've ever had! Happy travels!

Posted by
58 posts

Probably will be okay, but if you are planning to do the hiking trails between the towns, there might be some major repairs. These walks are wonderful. We stayed in Levanto on RS tour and it is also very nice (not as touristy, but flat).